The Super Human
"A new era of Sport and Exercise Medicine. An expanding field of practice".
Building on the success of the Congress 2012, BASEM is delighted to announce we will be returning to St George’s Park for our two day annual conference on October 31st 2013
We have developed an exciting programme with emphasis on evidence based medicine, incorporating instructional conference lectures, hands on workshops and scientific paper and poster presentations.
A diverse multidisciplinary faculty will present technical pearls and pitfalls, new and emerging research and the latest developments in Sports and Exercise medicine.
The event focuses on -
- Exploring the latest developments in osteoarthritis and sport in association with the Arthritis Research Council
- What makes the super human? An insight into controversies in sport, including gene doping, physiological enhancements, nutritional supplements and injection therapies
- Musculoskeletal master classes examining the upper and lower limb with functional movement assessments. In association with the British Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Rehabilitation medicine- including practical sessions of new clinical techniques and discussion panels
- Introduction to ultrasonography with musculoskeletal pathology - Practical Session
- An overview of the year’s most impacting scientific papers and cutting edge research
- Problem solving and rehabilitation planning case studies related to the lower limb in association with The Society of Sports Therapists
- The football athlete and the non-traumatic and traumatic injuries on the pitch in association with ECOSEP
- "Plagued by patella femoral pain" in association with ACPSM
- The reality of being a Sport and Exercise Medicine Physician